New Efficient Oil Heating Systems Increase Comfort and Decrease Fuel Use Date:
February 21, 2018
Today’s new high-efficiency oil heating systems feature enhanced technology and control capabilities to provide optimal comfort while decreasing your fuel bills.
An oil heating system can be installed in any home, and your local oilheat company can show you how to take full advantage of oil heat’s versatility. If you’re new to oilheat, you may not be aware of all its modern innovations.
Oilheat is cleaner, greener and more economical than ever. The latest oil heating systems are small, smart and super-efficient and can save you, on average, about 30% on your annual heating costs. There are many different equipment options to fit your budget and your local oilheat company has expertise in many types and models of oil heating equipment.
Fast Facts about Oilheat Efficiency
- New oilheat systems now boast efficiency ratings as high as 95%, providing more warmth with less fuel than ever before.
- Recent studies show potential annual fuel savings as high as 48% when replacing an outdated boiler with a new, high-efficiency oil boiler.*
- Many new oil boilers now incorporate energy-saving controls that greatly reduce fuel usage by as much as 10% and provide a more even heat.
- High-efficiency oil furnaces now feature variable speed motors that use about 80% less electricity.
- Heating oil has been reformulated and blended with renewable Bioheat® to make it cleaner burning, much more environmentally friendly and significantly more energy efficient. This has paved the way for the next generation of compact, super-efficient boilers and furnaces.
5 Smart Moves to Get Energy Efficient
- Schedule your annual heating system tune-up to reduce heating oil usage by up to 10%.
- Install smart programmable thermostats to automate your home temperature settings. You could reduce your energy use by as much as 10%.
- Upgrade to a new energy-efficient oil-heating system if your existing system is more than 20 years old. You may be able to reduce your annual heating costs by 30% or more.
- Keep warm air moving through your home. You can distribute heat evenly in rooms by running a ceiling fan in reverse. By recirculating the warm air trapped near the ceiling, you can lower your thermostat—and save money on heat.
- Install an indirect-fired water heater, which uses your boiler as its own heat source. This can cut your water-heating costs significantly during the fall and winter.
Need more information about being more energy efficient? Your local oilheat dealer has some terrific ways to help you significantly cut your energy bills while increasing your home comfort. Your oilheat company is your energy savings partner!